Friday, July 22, 2011

Chinese Medicine: Hou Zao San

My poor Kimi has not been having good sleeps for the past one week+. He coughs a lot during his sleeping time and with phlegm making him once a while woke up and vomited in the middle of the night. After 3 times of consulting the doctor, besides feeding him those medicine which I could, I seriously do not know what else can be done to make him recover faster.

Today I was chatting with a friend of mine. She recommended some Chinese herbs for me to buy for Kimi to try. She said is very effective remedy to cure phlegm. So I goggled it and found out a lot of mummies out there also using the same herb to cure their babies/toddlers phlegm problem. My friend asked me to buy it from ‘Eu Yan Sang’ but I called up a few branches also no stocks available.

Herb’s Name: Hou Zao San
English name for this formula: Monkey Gallstone Powder

Finally I found it at the Chinese herbs medical hall at One Utama ~

Shop: Excellent Herbal Food Centre S/B
Address: 221B, Level LG, One Utama Shopping Complex.

DSC04862

The one I got for Kimi is only for one time dosage… It costs me RM390.00. Never realize that Chinese medicine can be this expensive!! The uncle there measured it for me while kept on letting me know on how good this thing is and is not easy to find a really genuine type. He told me, to be more effective, it is better to let Kimi has 2 dosages at least. But then since it is a bit  expensive, so we only bought one dosage to try it out first. He cut it into tiny slices and made them into powder.

2This one dosage, I think is not even can fill up one teaspoon. The amount is so little only!! But I really hope it can cure Kimi’s phlegm very soon.

Besides that, I also bought some ready-packed type for Kimi to eat it daily for a few times. One box costs me RM18 only. So I store up 2 boxes at home. One box has 6 small sachets in it.

Note: The uncle there informs me that there is another cheaper version of Hou Zao San which costs around RM100++. It is from those smaller Gallstone which are made from tiny little pieces.  They are very saleable but might not be as effective. When I am at the shop, they currently do not have the stocks for this.

Kimi has been taking too much medicine for the past 2 weeks. Hubby and I decided to buy some Chinese herbs to boil for Kimi after he has fully recovered from his sick. The uncle there gave us a recipe and told us the usage of it. He recommends one type of combination which is good for building up metabolism, reducing phlegm and coughing. He said is good for kids and adults too.  After considerations, we asked the uncle there to pack 3 dosages for us. Kimi can drink it every alternate days. It needs to be boiled for 3 hours in 2 small bowls of water.

Recipe:
American Wet Figs
Long Li Ye
Dried North Almond
Dried South Almond
Almond King
Fritillaria Cirrhosa
Cordyceps

I do not know how to type it in Chinese words, so I took a picture of the price tags to share the Chinese words here… The amount that you read here are divided into 3 dosages. You can add in the Tangerine Peel if you want to…

DSC04860

We have the cordyceps at home, so we do not get it from the medical hall. This is how some of the herbs look like… I not yet open the packets to boil the herbs so do not have a clear picture of them.

1

The picture below was taken while I was in the shop waiting for the uncle to pack the herbs for me. It was not very clear as I was using my mobile phone to shot this picture… But these are some of the herbs used… For those who are familiar with Chinese medicine should know what are there. I only can recognize the two dried almonds. Haha ~ I seriously have very little knowledge on all these… Luckily the uncle there is very friendly to teach and explain them to me!

Photo0146
Oooo… while I was clearing some of Kimi’s medicine, only did I realize that he had so many type of medicines to eat. Just that every visits to the paediatrician, he prescribed those medicines depends on Kimi’s conditions. The last round was we visited the normal GP to cure Kimi’s nappy rash’s problem. He has been having diarrhoea since he is sick and resulting him to have quite serious nappy rashes. We got some cream for him from the clinic and to stock up some fever medicine at home. Hope that that will be the last time he visits a doctor ~

DSC04858

Really pray hard Kimi to recover from all those sickness soon! It is really pitiful to see him sick especially coughs so often during his sleeping time ~ Wish Kimi can have a good night sleep soon!

No comments: