Saturday, August 13, 2011

Macaroon Baking Workshop

After 2 times of postponing the classes, I finally can make it on the 3rd date which I have booked earlier. If I cannot make it for this time, I think my fee is going to go into the drains. So, I must make sure this round, I definitely can make it. Luckily Kimi has recovered around 80% from his sick, now left a bit of flu. So Hubby helped me to take care of him at home today, while I went for this Macaroon Baking Class as I planned since a few months ago.

I think I won’t write much here, let the photos do the writing ~

page1

page2

We were grouped in a Group of 4 persons. Now, it is our turns to try it out ourselves ~

page3

I always like to bake… So I really enjoyed the class a lot! Hope that I can have more chances in the future to go for baking lessons to learn more recipes ~

~ My small achievement for today ~

DSC05034

The recipe to share which I learnt it from the class:
Ground almonds – 125 gms
Icing sugar – 125 gms
Egg whites – 45 gms
Sugar – 125 gms
Egg whites – 45 gms
Colouring

Method:
Mix together ground almonds and icing sugar with first egg whites and desired colour;
Make Italian meringue with sugar and second egg whites;
Fold meringue into ground almond mixture and pipe onto a sheet pan;
Bake at 150 Celsius for about 8-10 minutes.

2 comments:

Wills said...

Is it hard to make? I am dying to try making my own macaroons.. Hopefully after I've got proper oven then I'll give it ago..:) The result is looking good there Shiny.. :)

Wenty

~ ShinY's Life ~ said...

For me, I find it difficult to make as my house does not have the equipments needed. I think procedures are not that difficult just that preparations I think need more time to get the dough done before making it into shapes. My house does not have an oven now also, so cannot practise at home :)