Monday, January 25, 2010

MAM Products + CNY Clothes for Kimi

Yesterday after my work at Mid Valley, I went to buy Kimi’s pacifier and milk bottles. All along, Kimi has been using NUK bottles. Although he has a set of the new Avent BPA-free milk bottles, we seldom use it. We realized the bottles have leaking problems. The only way to solve it is to close it super tight, or we twist and turn it till the ‘correct’ way so that it won’t leak. Actually, we also do not know how to define the ‘correct’ way of twisting the bottle cap, so whenever we try to let Kimi use the bottle, we will have different ways to solve the leaking problem.

Kimi needs milk fast whenever he is hungry. So we need to prepare the milk fast as well. If we continue to try to use the Avent bottles during Kimi’s feeding, it will be a bit too slow already, as we need to try to close the bottle cap properly so that it won’t leak during the feeding time. So, I think while waiting for this, Kimi will definitely cry out loud for milk. At last, hubby and I have decided to change Kimi’s bottles so that it will be not so problematic whenever we want to feed Kimi. Moreover, all these while, the NUK teats that Kimi has been using are for baby of 0 months++. So it is time for us to change Kimi’s teats for him since now Kimi is already 4 months++.

I have done some reading online, made some comparisons and asked for friends’ opinions on the milk bottles and pacifiers. After spoken to Sharilyn (one of my new friends which I got to know recently), I have trimmed down the choices to either the brands of MAM or NUK. I have actually have NUK in mind as Kimi has been using it all these while. As for MAM, Sharilyn has high recommendations on its pacifiers. The orthodontic MAM teat is ideal for baby’s jaw and teeth development. It individually adapts to baby’s mouth. For this reason, I have decided to let Kimi to try on the pacifiers. All along, I actually do not really encourage Kimi’s to rely much on pacifiers. Kimi was actually pacifier-free when he was breastfed during his first 8 weeks. Ever since Kimi is on formula milk feeding starting on his 8 weeks++ onwards, Kimi is given a pacifier during sleeping time only or maybe when he really cries till very superbly loud. Really hope that Kimi can get rid of it very soon one he has grown up.

When I walked into Mothercare Outlet at Mid Valley, I went to the MAM’s counter to have a look. So coincidently, NUK’s products were just next to it. After the explanation by the salesgirl at the outlet on how the milk bottles work and after compared both the milk bottles, I finally chose MAM’s milk bottles as well for Kimi. She told me, MAM’s products are always very ‘hot’. Whenever the stocks arrive, they will be sold out quite fast. I bought a few products for Kimi. But too bad, the teats for the bottles only left the Size for 2 months+ on the shelves. As for rest, all sold out already. So I need to go another outlet to get the correct size of milk bottles’ teats for Kimi. NUK has similar features of milk bottles, but the price is a bit more expensive than MAM.


Some other accessories which I bought together were the ‘Teether Twister’, the ‘Bite & Brush’, a pacifier Clip & Cover and a Thermal bag. We always travel with Kimi without a thermal bag and I find it a bit inconvenient to store the milk. So I always wanted to buy one and finally got to get one which I like. The Twister is a teething ring and toy in one. It calms sensitive gums and, by sparking interest, distracts from teething. Hope this ring can be of help for Kimi when he starts to grow his teeth in another few more months’ time. This weekend perhaps will start to try out the new milk bottle for Kimi.

More information about MAM products can be read at: http://www.mymam.com.my or http://www.mambaby.com.

Luckily, one of my friends is Mothercare’s member, so I got the membership card from him to entitle for a 5% discounts when buying the MAM products. Hehe... Saved up some money from there ~~

After shopped for Kimi’s milk bottles and pacifiers, hubby and I walked to Isetan and bought one pair of Chinese New Year clothes for Kimi. I actually saw this pair of Baby Kiko shirt at Isetan’s Newsletter recently and I very like it. I find the shirt very cute and it has ‘Tiger’ theme printed on the shirt. So we decided to buy it for Kimi to wear during the CNY. As Kimi still has quite a number of new shirts not yet wear (presents since he was born), so for this CNY, we only bought one pair of new shirt and pants for him and perhaps a pair of new pyjamas. So, that’s all for Kimi’s shoppings for this round.

Haha... this weekend we are going back to Taiping to visit Kimi, so we can bring all these things back for him ^_^

7 comments:

婉冰 said...

Shin Yee,I let my bb to use MAM bottles and pacifier since day one, i like the bottle design very much and my bb reject the avent bottle after trying the MAM. I 'm sure Kimi will like it also..:)

LOLIpOp~~ said...

Hazel's 1st bottle was NUK, but she drink super slowly with NUK, then my CL let her try on AVENT, she sucks well, smooth and faster and no leaking while feeding :)

I never see MAM product here, mayb I didnt pay attention... after reading ur blog, i think i wud like to know more about this product if I have any chances to see it nxt time:)

Rachel Hei said...

I haven't get my princess any new year clothes yet.. got to shop for it soon..hehe

~ ShinY's Life ~ said...

Woan Ping, ya.. Hope Kimi will like it too ~~ I also like these products very much!!

Wendy, ya.. I do agree, NUK bottles seem a bit slow flow, but Kimi does go along well with that. Just that now I wanna let Kimi try a faster speed flow of teats. Else hubby and I watched him drink the milk, feel the teat flow a bit slow for his age now... You can survey and see, maybe in the future can let Hazel try it ^_^

Rachel... Ya lor.. should start buy one for your princess already ~~ Hehe.. I bought one pair for Kimi only as he still has a few new clothes not yet wear :) Happy shopping ya ~~

Sharilyn said...

When marc was born, I wasn't sure if I wanted him to use pacifiers. My initial concern was that they'd interfere with his nursing habits, affect the jaws and teeth development in future. But after hearing "Waah Waaah Waaaaaaah", and nursing for hours on end, The pacifier turned into a comfort for the little ones and MAM truly the best binkies made!this is the only brand that my son used when he took pacifiers .somehow,he managed to get rid of his binki before the age of 3. Marc can easily get rid of his binkies because we only gave him during his night night time and to remove it once he fall asleep.

as for the MAM bottles. how did you find it? it looks really great, better features than the avent huh? share with us more on the bottles .. might try to switch to MAM later too.

Unknown said...

For Avent bottle you need to turn anti-clockwise till you hear 2 clicks then turn clockwise to close it just tight to prevent leaking. Anyway, MAM is a good product too. Happy feeding!

~ ShinY's Life ~ said...

Thanks, Maternity, for your sharing!!