Thursday, February 4, 2010

For Hubby ~~

Yesterday was hubby's birthday. Due to super heavy rain during late evening at PJ and caused jam at everywhere, so we decided to postpone the birthday's dinner celebrations to a later date. We had a simple dinner, shopped at 1U, before we headed back home for the cake cutting ceremony. Hehe :) Hubby refused to take a picture with the cake, so I can only shot the birthday cake and the present which I had prepared earlier for him without the birthday boy ~~

Today is hubby's lunar calendar birthday. Hehe... only different by one day. So early in the morning, before he went to work, I managed to cook the 'Mee Suah Soup' for him as breakfast. This 'mee suah soup' needs to cook with a pair of eggs and eat with a pair chopstick instead of a fork. Every year, we will have the tradition of eating this dish during our Chinese calendar's birthday. Seeing hubby happily finished up the whole bowl of 'mee suah soup' really brights up my day!!

So coincidently, today is also our Chinese '立春', the Beginning of Spring. It is a brand new year and hopes Hubby can be happy, healthy always and be blessed with lots of good things for this coming new year and many, many years more... Hope this bowl of 'mee suah' can bring to him longevity and prosperity in life ~~

Hubby and Kimi's Daddy, Happy Birthday to you and may all your wishes come true!

With Love, Wife and Kimi ~

2 comments:

Rachel Hei said...

Happy belated birthday to you hubby!!
The tradition to eat the mee suah soup is really special..^^

~ ShinY's Life ~ said...

Thanks, Rachel!! I will inform hubby on your wishes for him ~~

Ya, I also surprise when I knew that hubby's house and my house share the same tradition. That's why I know to cook this for him during his birthday :)