Sunday, February 7, 2010

* Preparing for CNY *

I had a super busy weekend this week. Yesterday was a working Saturday for me. Early in the morning, before going to work, I brought some of my colleagues to the SS2 market to feel the CNY mood at the market as well as to buy some CNY decorations... According to the uncle selling CNY decor things there, this year, the 'ang pow' packets very fast sold off. All the time I went before this, I only saw some ordinary 'ang pow' packets, I don't really like it. Luckily there was a nanother stall opened yesterday and after a long searching at a few places, I finally got to buy the 'Ang Pow' packets there. So happy!!

Photos taken at the SS2 morning market... It was so crowded!!

After work and after took some rest at home, hubby and I drove to Isetan at KLCC in the evening to buy our CNY groceries... I personally like to shop at the Isetan Supermarket. There are a lot of different things for me to see everytime I go there. This round, so happened that there were having the 'Japanese Sake Fair' from 5th - 7th Feb. After tested a few types of different sake, hubby bought a few bottles for our dads to try out. Then we continue to shop for our CNY groceries. I didn't get to buy mandarin oranges there as it left with not many choices, so I came back home and bought the mandarin oranges at the Jaya Grocer near to my house.

~ At the Isetan KLCC testing out Japanese Sake ~

Today early in the morning, I cleaned up the whole house with the help of hubby and a couple of part-time cleaners. We threw away some of the things at home and changed a bit of the arrangements of furniture. Phew, it was such a tiring day as the cleaning up wasn't an easy task !!! Haha... Now my house seems bigger a bit with much more lesser things. Kimi will back to KL for a few days during CNY, hopefully with the new arrangements, he will feel more comfortable :)

Tonight I collected the cookies as well from one of my good friends. Her mum is the one who bakes the CNY cookies. These cookies are very nicely bake and some of them also quite unique. I hardly can see the similar cookies sold at the departmental stores. So, I every year also buy from her as my mum and MIL like the cookies a lot...

Some of the CNY goodies which I have prepared ~~

Some of the '3D Ang Pow' packets which my colleague helped me to purchase from Petaling Street over the weekend ~~

Well, 6 more days to go before CNY!! Hopefully I have done all the necessary things and prepared whatever I need for both families ~~ I can stop all the CNY shoppings already and start counting down the days to CNY ~~ The happiest thing is that we are going back to Taiping soon to see Kimi soon and celebrate this lovely festival with him ^_^

2 comments:

Mui Ngee 美儀 said...

Wish you have a safe journey travel back to Taiping! Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!

~ ShinY's Life ~ said...

Thanks, Mui Ngee!!

Happy CNY to you and your Family too ~~