Monday, September 8, 2014

A Nightmare with Back Pains


Today I came back to work after one week (4 working days) of medical leaves on last week due to severe back pains on last Monday… It came without any symptoms, without any signs at all!

1 September 2014 – I reached KL from Pontian around 11am, after bathed my two boys, I put on Nico’s clothes for him. While bending down to wear Nico’s pants, I suddenly felt a pain on my back. Very pain! I was unable to describe the pain till I called out Hubby to hold on to me. At that time, Nico was still half-naked waiting for me to pull up his pants. I couldn’t lie down… and I couldn’t sit down too…. I hold on to Hubby’s arms for a few minutes, cried out loud.

I think the last time I cried was during Nico’s confinement period when he was diagnosed with high jaundice level and needed to hospitalize for treatments. Never did I expect that this time, I cried even harder due to the extreme pain from the back. Kimi ran in from the living room to see what’s happened. I think he was shocked too to see I sat down on the bed crying in pain. Perhaps Hubby too! Luckily he was in the room doing his work, else I wouldn’t know what to do then without him on that day.

After a few minutes, I tried to settle down myself, with the help from Hubby, to lie down on the bed to rest. It was still very pain. I couldn’t lie down straight. Perhaps it was too tired after the cried, I snoozed on the bed.

After a couple of hours from the sleep, I tried to stand up by myself. It took me a very long and hard time to sit up and then to stand up from the bed. It was still pain. At that moment of time, I seriously thought that, I was not able to stand up anymore. Perhaps needed to lie down on bed for the rest of my life. I called up my parents, explained to them what happened in the morning, cried over the phone while explaining. They must be very worried for me then. They asked me to temporary eat two Panadol pills to ease the pains first. I followed their instructions immediately. 

As it was a replacement off day on that Monday for our Merdeka day, hence we did not get to find a better clinic to walk in. Hubby almost wanted to send me to the Emergency Ward to hospitalize for a night. But thinking of Kimi and Nico at home, I refused to let him send me to the hospital. After a few turns, we finally found a clinic. The doctor just gave me some painkillers without examining on me. Sigh!

And Tuesday finally came. I went to consult my company’s panel doctor first before going to the Orthopaedic Surgeon for consultation. Both doctors also suggested to me to do the MRI scan in order for me to know thoroughly what happened to my back. Well, business at Pantai Hospital was indeed very good! I needed to wait for 2 days for my turn to do the MRI scan and I was arranged scheduled on Thursday afternoon.

The scan came out showing that two of my backbones showed slightly drying up and lacking of collagen. Nothing much can be done now besides sleeping on a harder bed and doctor suggested to me to walk in the swimming pool often as part of the physiotherapy. The doctor prescribed to me the medicine for muscles relaxant for two weeks. Then to do a follow-up check up after two weeks to see how’s my conditions. Hopefully everything will turn out to be fine!


Thanks to Kimi for holding on to me for the past one week! He knew Mummy’s back pain, so he slowly walked with me, hold on my arms, to make sure I could walk properly on the streets. He bathed himself after he came back from the school with me monitoring outside the toilet’s door. He woke up in the morning performing better than those other days by doing some of the pre-preparations to school by himself. He even told his friends last week, "His Mummy today buttocks pains, so cannot walk up to the class with him!" Haha.... It is really so sweet of him!

Thanks to Hubby for giving me one of your busy weekdays to accompany me to the hospital for the MRI scan! I told you I was worried too and you replied to me, you could take leaves to go with me. That was really a touched one!

I hope I can wake up every day from now onwards without any pains on the back, is indeed a blessing to me!

No comments: