Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Happy Nico!

 
Last weekend was a long weekend. PIL brought Nico to KL for us and then they went to Genting Highlands for a break... So, I had 4 days to spend with my 2 lovely sons. Although it was a real tiring one with 2 kids at home, I enjoyed it a lot... Kimi was sick on that weekend and is still having his cough now. Haih... So it made the weekend even a more tiring one. Although in between, husband and wife did quarrel over the delegation of work in taking care of the 2 kids, anyway, this is not the first time also... Haha, so just treat it as part and parcel of our parenthood's journey. We slowly learn from the mistakes and improve from there.
 
Nico was hospitalized for one night 2 weeks ago in Taiping. He had loads of phlegm in his throat which needed him to be on nebulizer treatment every 3 hours. So his pediatrician admitted him to be monitored. The bad thing was, I needed to work and couldn't rush back for him. Moreover MIL said better let Kimi stayed away from Nico so that the coughing or whatsoever won't spread to each other to make the situation worse. So sad, I couldn't take care of Nico myself when he was in the hospital. Luckily, I have very helpful PIL who were there for us whenever we need help. Really need to thank them a lot. Rushing in and out hospital although FIL needs to work while MIL staying in hospital with Nico to take care of him. After a few days of treatments, Nico finally recovered!
 
This time seeing Nico, he seems to be rounder a bit despite that he was sick for almost a week. Carrying him on my arms for a longer time I think I can train up my muscles soon. Haha... MIL said when they were in the hospital, even the nurses asked her the reasons of Nico being admitted. As Nico seemed to be so cheerful and active throughout the whole stay in hospital. He did not seem like a sick baby at all. Anyway, all these are over. My only wish is that both my sons can be healthy always! Cough, flu, fever, bla, bla, bla... ALL please stay AWAY from them!
 
Some of Nico's recent photos @ 8 months & 1 week+ :
 

The cheeky side of him ~


The cheerful side of him ~


Nico is at his teething period now and he likes to bite things a lot. I prepare a few teethers for him also not enough. At times when his gum are too itchy, he will shout very loud so that we can put in the teether for him to soothe his gum. Wow, he can really shout very loud for this! Hope his teeth can grow out very soon ^^ This is when Nico self-entertaining himself on his bed :)
 
 

No comments: