Friday, December 28, 2012

Company Trip to Macau & Zhuhai : Day 3 & 4

Day 3 - Free at own leisure.

Basically nothing much to do in Zhuhai on Day 3. Some of my colleagues went back to Macau again for sight-seeing and another group of colleagues took a boat trip to Hong Kong. So only left one colleague and I at Zhuhai only.

Both of us continue to shop at Gongbei Underground shopping malls. Leisurely eating our lunch, dinner and supper on Day 3 since we have plenty of time to spend.

We went for body massage and then tried out the hair salon there for a hair wash. Haha :) Bored right? But we experienced the hair wash by lying down. In Malaysia, we sit on a chair for hair wash, but in Shenzhen and Zhuhai, I lied down for the hair wash. The one I went in Shenzhen last year had half body massage service. But this one I went in Zhuhai, didn't has the half body massage service. Only for hair wash. My colleague, Reyna, is first time trying it out. She enjoyed it a lot :)

Our lunch and dinner ~ Haha... We went back to the same place for both meals!


We went for a coffee break and then our supper! The supper place was recommended by the hair salon people. They told us that this dessert shop nearby our hotel is a famous dessert shop in Zhuhai. Since it was just a few streets away from the hotel, we decided to go and try it out! Indeed, it was really delicious and we need to queue for our seats.

I tried to Google it but then cannot find the exact name of the 2 shops which we went for coffee and dessert. Perhaps you can view the name from the picture below :)


Day 4 - Transfer back to Macau airport.

This was a very not good experience for me. To me, travelling back to Macau on a weekend is a nightmare. The queue was so long to go into the immigration. It is very difficult for me to describe how crowded it was. You can view it from the picture as below! Just imagine, the custom officers build up a tent for the people who are queuing to enter Macau. Although it was only a bridge away from Zhuhai to Macau, the whole journey took us almost 3 hours to enter Macau. So, if you want to travel from Zhuhai to Macau, perhaps can choose on a weekday. Maybe the crowd won't be this many. Once we reached Macau, we went for egg tarts and to buy some local biscuits first before we took our flight back to Malaysia.


My advice is:
Travellers can opt to go Hong Kong by boat from Zhuhai instead of travelling back to Macau again to avoid the long queue at custom to enter into Macau.


MACAU-ZHUHAI-MACAU : NO way!
MACAU-ZHUHAI-HONG KONG : OK!

Overall, it was a nice experience in Macau. A very beautiful place with nice Christmas decorations all around. I am loving it! As for Zhuhai, for those never been before, perhaps can go and have a try. But I personally feel that one time experience is good enough. I don't think I am going back there again in the near future.

I wish to thank my company for this bi-yearly company trip! I enjoyed it a lot with my funny and amusing colleagues' companion :) Looking forward to the next company trip.

No comments: