Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cashew Nut Cookies

This year CNY, I am thinking of trying out to bake some CNY cookies myself. Searched on the Internet and decided to try out one of the recipes on 'Cashew Nut Cookies' since I have some raw cashew nuts at home. I might as well make use of them. Hehe :)

~ Cashew Nut Cookies ~

Ingredients:-
125g Butter
90g Icing Sugar
1/2 tsp Sodium Bicarbonate
210g Flour
1/2 tbsp Milk Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
100g Ground roasted cashew nuts
1/2 Egg
1tsp Vanilla essence

Cashew Nuts (Halves it and bake-half cooked for topping)
Extra egg for egg wash
Preheat oven at 170 degree C

Note:
I cut half of the ingredients measurements from the original recipe to test for this very first time.

Methods:
1) Sift flour, milk powder, soda powder and salt together. Set aside.


2) Ground roasted cashew nuts.


3) Cream butter and icing sugar till light and fluffy.
4) Add eggs and vanilla essence till mix well.
5) In low speed, add sifted flours and ground cashew nut till a soft dough.
6) Chill till firm.



7) Roll the dough to the same thickness. Use a cookie mould to shape the dough. I choose a flower shape for this time. Line the cut dough on a baking tray.
8) Place cashew nut on it and slightly press.



9) Egg wash to seal the nut and dough gap so that the cashew nut won't drop out easily.


10) Bake at 170 degree C for around 15-20 minutes.

Dang.... Dang.... My end results fresh from the oven…


11) Set aside for cooling before packaging. Hehehe :) Can’t wait to taste it myself!!


With the amount of ingredients as above, I can make one and a half container size as below.


I packed one container nicely to keep for Chinese New Year, and the balance of the cookies.... Well, Kimi ate some of it and of course I bring them to the office to share with my lovely colleagues on the next day. I personally quite like the outcome of this recipe. Hehe.... the taste of it really not bad :) Really worth a try ~

No comments: