Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ayam Pongteh

Date: 4th July 2013
 
Last Thursday, while figuring what to cook for dinner, I suddenly think of eating 'Ayam Pongteh'. I searched for the recipe online and found that the ingredients needed were quite simple. The methods to cook it also not difficult. Nothing much need to prepare as the I had all the ingredients needed back at home.
 
I amended a little bit from the original recipe which I had it with me to fit into my our servings for four persons at home.
 
Recipe:
1 x Red Onion
4-5 cloves of Garlic
1 Tbsp x 'Tau Cheong' Paste (Salted Soybean)
5 pcs of Mushrooms (Soaked in water)
2 x Potatoes (Cut into cubes)
1 x Carrot (Cut into cubes)
1-2 Tbsp x Dark Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp x Brown Sugar
Chicken Breast (I chose chicken breast so that is easier for Kimi to eat)
2-3 bowls of water
 
Methods:
1) Heat oil over medium heat, add in onion, garlic and 'tau cheong' paste and fry for about 2-3 minutes, making sure not to burn the paste.
2) Add in sugar and dark soy sauce.
3) Stir fried chicken breast, potatoes and carrots with items (1) & (2).
4) Add in water. Bring to a boil.
5) When the water boils, reduce the heat and simmer the chicken. Stir occasionally for about half an hour or until the potatoes and carrots are soft.
6) Taste the sauce. If it is not salty, perhaps can add in a little bit of light soy sauce to taste.
But I didn't add it as I do not want it to be too salty for Kimi to eat.
7) Finally, garnish with spring onions (own preference)
 
This dish, I personally find it not difficult to prepare and quite delicious too! But it takes some time to be ready and be served. However, it is a worth try ~ Yummy!

No comments: