Friday, July 5, 2013

Oreo Condensed Milk Mini Cheesecake

Nothing much to do on a Friday night, supposed to go back Taiping to visit Nico, but might need to postpone the trip. So I have decided to bake! I have this cheesecake recipe with me for some time but has not been able to try it out. I couldn't recall where I got this recipe from, but I learnt it from a blog, if not mistaken…

Recipe:
250 gm cream cheese
150gm sweetened condensed milk
[However, I only put in 100gm to make it not too sweet]
2 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon of cream of tartar
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 tube of Oreo


Methods:
1) Separate the Oreo biscuits and leave only 12 pieces without cream.
2) Beat the rest of the biscuits together with the filling in a food processor.
3) Place 1 teaspoon of Oreo crumb onto the paper cups, lightly press the crumbs to flatten.



4) Beat the eggs white, add in cream of tartar, then continue to beat. Add in sugar and beat till stiff. Set aside.
5) Beat the cream cheese on low speed until smooth (for 1 or 2 minutes). Add in condensed milk and egg yolks. Beat on low speed for one more minute. Fold in the egg whites.
6) Spoon (Item 5) into the prepared paper cups.


7) Top with an Oreo biscuit.


You can break it and put at anywhere you like. But the lazy me chose the easiest way to do which is to just put the whole biscuit on top.

8) Bake for 20 minutes in a waterbath.
[Preheat the oven at 150C and boil water after this]
9) Leave to cool in oven, door ajar. Cool completely before chilling.
10) Best to chill for 3 hours or more before serving.

Finally, the mini cheesecake is ready to be served!



However, this time, I think I had deflated the egg whites, hence made the outcome of the cake looked short. Not so successful this round. Hope I can improve it to bake it better and look nicer on the next round.

But most of all, hope Kimi and Nico will like it! Hehe :)

No comments: