Tuesday, August 9, 2011

First Trimester Prenatal Screening

Finally, I try to find some time to sit down and jot down my pregnancy journey for Baby No. 2. As I was too busy taking care of a sick toddler at home, I think I miss out a lot of this little’s one journey… So today, I try to dig out some of the memories that I can so that I can write down in my blog for me to remember the process.

Date: 10th June 2011

As explained by my Gynae during the last monthly check-up, today I had the First Trimester Prenatal Screening which is known as the Nuchal Scan. I think during Kimi’s time, I did not do this scan. So as discussed and recommended by the Gynae, after I did some reading and asked some opinions from friends on this scan, Hubby decided that I should go for it. I was told by the Gynae that this scan best to be done during the 11th to 13th weeks of pregnancy. So I did mine at my 12 weeks+ of pregnancy. I got the scan report on the spot and baby showed low risk on down syndrome. It was totally a new experience for me and Hubby. Perhaps this was our first time doing this screening, we really very impressed throughout the whole scanning process. Together with this Nuchal Scan, I did the First Trimester Blood Test as well on this day. But the down side is that, to do both the scan and the blood test together are a bit pricey. It costs us RM710.00 excluded the consultation fee.

~ Our 2nd Baby during the Third Monthly Check-Up ~

12w6d
I personally prefer this Gynae more than the previous one which I had during Kimi’s time. Every time I have my check-up, she shares information with me which I did not know during my first pregnancy. I think I gain a little bit more knowledge during this second pregnancy :)

No comments: