Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Myeongdong Kyoja (명동교자)

I tried this noodle house 3 years ago when I visited Seoul. This round, I told hubby and sister that I must bring them to try it out as well. This shop serves very smooth handmade noodles and pork dumplings. The dumplings were huge and meaty, filled with sweet and juicy minced pork. I very love it!

Once we reached Seoul, settled ourselves in the hotel at Myeongdong, off we go... The last round, it took us a very long time to find the place. This round with the help from the locals, I managed to find the shop in a few minutes! Never did I expect that, this noodles restaurant was just a street away from our hotel. Marvellous... I proudly told my hubby, 'See, I so smart. I can find this restaurant easily!' Hehe :)

Lunch on Day 1 -


We went to the branch restaurant which was nearer to us instead of the main HQ. Anyway, both restaurants also need to queue for some time. The restaurant occupied 3 floors and yet we were seated on 3rd floor when we reached. As we climbed up to the 3rd floor, we could see every tables were full with people! They definitely serves very delicious food to attract such a big crowd everyday.


The menu only shows 4 types of food. Very easy to order, you can just point on it and the waitress will know what to do. But we only ordered 4 bowls of noodles and 1 plate of pork dumplings to share among ourselves as they served very big portion.

Menu includes: Mandu (dumplings), Bibimguksu (mixed noodles serve with soy sauce hot and sour tastes with sesame oil), Kalguksu (soft noodles serve with thick chicken broth and garnish) and Kongguksu (bean noodles).





If I ever visit to Myeongdong again in the future, I think I will definitely come back here again for their pork dumplings! Yummy :)

Total bill: 
Won 40,000 (Around RM125)

More information on this restaurant can be read at: 
http://www.mdkj.co.kr/en/info/info.php

Branch restaurant address:
33-4 2-ga, Myeong-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul

It is advisable for you to use public transport to come to this restaurant.

By subway: Getting out of Exit 8 of Myeongdong Station. Go straight for about 200m of the alley between family mart and Tous les Jour.

No comments: