Monday, April 12, 2010

A trip to Melaka with only 24 hours

A few of my colleagues had planned earlier to go Melaka on last Saturday. They asked me if I wanted to join them or not. After discussed with hubby and arranged my time, I finally decided to go with them. We went in 2 cars, one is my colleague and another one is hubby's car. I borrowed it from him to fetch a few of my colleagues. A short Melaka trip, 2 days 1 night, and only 24 hours to maximise the whole trip ~

After our working Saturday and lunch, we started our Melaka journey lor !! The moment we reached there, we straight drove to eat the famous 'Satay Celup' in my Melaka. We ate at the Restoran Capitol. Not long after we went in, the queue started and we were actually considered quite lucky that we did not need to queue that long. Well, I personally feel that, the satay celup serves at this restaurant is not so delicious, the gravy tastes a bit bitter for me. All I can see throughout the whole eating session was that the waitress kept on help you to add in peanuts, sugar, and some dark brown ingredients (cannot guess what is that) into the gravy to make it thicker and thicker.... If I were to be really in that long queue, I personally felt that the queue was not really worth it. Haha... Who knows, perhaps different people, different taste ~ I prefer the 'Satay Celup' serves at Jalan Ong Kim Wee more.


Some of the food that we had in Melaka:
Chicken Rice Balls, Cendol, Nyonya Laksa, Nyonya, Food, Local Coffee, etc ~~


This particular 'Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan' trip, we really made full use of every seconds. Haha... So most of the food we actually ordered in small quantity or lesser portions so that we had extra stomach space for the next meals... Eating non-stop! Keng!!!

Some of the activities we had in Melaka:
Melaka River Cruise, A Famosa exploration, Foot and Head Massage, Jonkers Street, Perigi Hang Li Po, etc ~~

Our lovely Group photographs ~ Thanks to our dearest colleague, Ms. Reyna, for shooting and sharing all the photos with us!! She is our photographer during the whole trip. Thank you! Without you, I think we cannot pose much to fit into the camera. Hehe ^_^


I really have a very wonderful trip with them this round to Melaka. Glad to have join you all for this Melaka trip! A wonderful colleagues' gathering I have this time ~~

2 comments:

Qing said...

Hi, not bad ah u all, one day can eat so much and variety food.
i'm Malaccan but no chance visiting those famous restaurant or shops ler, nowadays only foreigners.

~ ShinY's Life ~ said...

Qing, I think I also saw a lot of locals there queueing up to eat at the Capitol 'satay celup'... :)

Melaka is really a very nice place. I very like it ^_^