Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Nutritious Weeks

After the last pregnancy check-up at my Week 28, Hubby decided to temporary send Kimi back to Taiping under the care of my PIL so that I can fully concentrate on taking care of myself. Besides to rest more, most of all, is to eat more!

My Gynae advices me to drink more water in order to increase the level of amniotic fluid in my body. Baby is on his ideal weight at Week 28. Just that in case of emergency and I need to deliver early, my Gynae hopes that the baby's weight is good enough so that he does not need to go through any extra treatments. Thanks for her advice on this!

Besides letting myself to rest more, I tried to cook some nutritious food at home for myself to eat. Hubby drove me around to find some nutritious dessert as well. Haha, I think this is more on letting me to have the privileges and excuses to eat whatever I want.... Besides that, I asked around from some friends to share their experience with me on how can I let the baby to gain more weight in a shorter time and how to increase more amniotic fluid in my body. Thanks for all the advices and tips! I really appreciate them ~

Cooking at home is not seldom thing for me to do, just that the menus I chose to cook for myself for now are some lighter and less oily food . Thanks to the unlimited Fish supply sent by my Parents all the way from Pontian! I have the freshest fish to eat all these while ~

Some of the Food I had on my Nutritious Week ~
Fish & Pork Porridge, Stir Fried Tau Fu with Veges, Steamed Fish and 'Mee Suah' Soup ~


Dessert ~ Rice Balls in Steamed Fresh Milk, ‘Double-boiled' Snow Jelly in Fresh Milk ~


Coconut Water - Some friends told me by drinking more coconut water can indirectly helps me to increase more amniotic fluid. I do not know how accurate is this, but no harm trying it!

RM3.00 for one coconut... Is it expensive?
I bought it at a stall near Kampung Chempaka. I remembered during Kimi's time, it only cost RM2.50 for one if not mistaken.


'Kampung Chicken' Soup with Red Dates ~
I boiled it in a slow cooker for 2 hours. A very sweet and delicious soup although you drink it plain in this way.... I like it a lot!


My friend told me this soup can help the baby to gain more weight, so I decided to try it. I do not know how effective is this chicken soup in helping the baby to gain to weight. But I drink it every alternate days for a week. No matter what method I use or eat, ultimate aim is to let baby and myself grow healthier!

Really hope that my next check-up, both baby and I can be in a good condition :)

No comments: