Thursday, October 27, 2011

@ Week 31

Date: 21st October 2011

I had been feeling dizzy every morning when I woke up for the past weeks. So we decided to drop by Gynae to have a check-up since my bi-monthly check-up date was also approaching.

Check-up @ Week 31:
Everything is fine... My
amniotic fluid level is considered OK. Baby is weighing at 1.8kgs at Week 31. Gynae informs us that baby is on his good weight. The only thing now is that baby is still in his breech position. So Gynae asked me to do some exercise every night before sleep. She advises me to be on 'knee-chest position' for a few minutes before I go to sleep. She explained to me on how to do it correctly. After I got back home, I googled and found some information on this position.


I personally find that this article is worth a reading: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ilana.m/turnbaby.htm. Do check it out ~


Hope that baby can turn his body soon when we go for the next check-up.

On the other note, during my last trip back to Taiping, Hubby's grandma bought me some ingredients to cook a drink at home myself. I do not know how to name the leaves, so I took the pictures of the ingredients needed to boil for this drink to share in my blog. Grandma told me this leaves are very common and can be found at any wet market.

~ The leaves ~


 
~ Raw Barley, Gingko Nuts and 'Gula Melaka' ~


Grandma says I can take this drink weekly as 'cooling tea' function during the end of my pregnancy period. She says according to the 'old wives tales', this drink can prevent baby from getting jaundice. I did not try this during Kimi's time, so this round no harm trying it out. So far I have boiled the drink once and the taste a bit weird. Luckily the 'gula melaka' taste is quite nice which covers up the leaves smell.


I will try to boil it another time during this coming weekend :)

No comments: