Friday, August 8, 2014

08.08 - A date @ LOKL Coffee Co.

A casual chat leads us to a sudden leave application. Both of us have decided to choose it on a Friday and found an auspicious date to meet up @ 08.08! Haha.

LOKL is a café which in my must visit list. Suggested this to my friend and she did not reject it. So, when this day finally arrived, I drove her there because I am more familiar with KL’s road more than her.

I have asked Hubby earlier on the exact location of this Café as it is located near to his office. However, to get a car park here is not an easy task. I drove for almost half an hour in order to find a parking slot and I ended up parked at Menara OCBC and walked over to the Café.

LOKL – Located next to the BackHome Kuala Lumpur, a boutique backpackers' hostel in KL and they share the same courtyard where patrons get to enjoy bright airy ambiance at the back of the café. It is not a spacious café hence I suggest that early reservations are needed. Even on a weekday, it is very crowded.

We reached there around 11.45am and were still a bit too early for lunch hours hence we managed to get ourselves a table. I put down my friend and Kimi first at right in front of the Cafe it was drizzling at that time. I remembered when I reached around 12pm++ after I had parked my car properly, there was a queue outside the Café waiting to be seated. We were quite lucky then.

We did not want to have a heavy lunch so we ordered some light food just to enjoy the ambience. We had a great chat over nothing and had a big laugh over a small thing. That’s the good part when best friends are gathered together for a casual lunch.

Our food –
Rosemary Chicken Thigh Panini @ RM18.90



Earl Grey & Lavender Mille Crepe @ RM13.00



Our drinks –
Mocha @ RM12.50



Latte @ RM10.90


I personally very enjoy their ambience despite the busy crowd during lunch hours. I do hope can come back here again to enjoy some other delicious food served by them, maybe for a breakfast instead. However, the pricing there seems to be a bit on the high side as with the little amount of food we ordered, we spent RM60.85 for these (with a 10% of service charge). But no doubt, it is a really great place for friends to sit down together to have cuppa or two on a lazy afternoon! 





We managed to take a few photos for ourselves to mark our afternoon date on this day.




LOKL Coffee Co.
30, Jalan Tun HS Lee,
50000 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 603-2072 1188
Facebook: fb.com/LoklCoffee 

Location Map -

No comments: