Friday, January 30, 2009

CNY Reunion Dinner at Taiping

This is my first CNY in Taiping, very looking forward to it as everything also seems so new to me. Have been wondering, how the reunion dinner will be like, how hubby's family celebrate CNY, is it as crowded as my house in Pontian?? Hubby's relatives almost as big as mine in Pontian, so quite happening as well. Just that their take angpow sessions are quite normal, unlike ours in Pontian. Angpows are distributed on first day of CNY, not the CNY's eve.

On the New Year's eve, we had two reunion dinners. One in the afternoon with all the family members, hubby's grandma, uncles, aunties and cousins... At night we had another one, this round with hubby's family. This year, his aunties from Singapore and Penang also joining us, so whole house very crowded with relatives and food. Hehehe...

I think MIL woke up very early that day, busy preparing food for the whole day. I helped out some small-small things, hehehe, as I also donno what I can be of help... A lot of food, a few types of soups, got 'tong shui' too... Ate the whole day non-stop. Haha :)

Reunion Gathering at a restaurant - Steamboat Lunch ~~
Hubby and I went to Taiping Lake with his little cousins in the evening before another reunion dinner at night ~~
Reunion dinner at hubby's house at night. Table a bit small, so most food was put at the side. Hehehe, my camera cannot fit in all.

CNY + A LOT of FOOD = FATS.... Wuahahaha....

No comments: