Saturday, September 5, 2009

To Wait; To Induce or To C-Sec?

Today, I went for my routine weekly check-up. This is my week 37th. When we reached, same procedures, urine test and measurement of blood pressure. Everything was ok, except for my weight again. I didn't gain any weight for the past one week again. This makes me a bit worry before entering into the gynae's room for check-up.

Gynae was very satisfied with my blood pressure level. But when I had the ultrasound scan, things didn't look good, as baby growth slow down again. This round, he weighs 2.8+kgs. Gynae showed us the baby's growth chart. From the chart, we can see that, baby's growth has been quite stagnant for the past 2-3 weeks. He didn't really get the nutrients from me, from the food which I had been eating. This is not a good sign and is one of the systoms develops due to my blood pressure. Although the blood pressure was controlled under the medications which I took, it didn't really help on the baby's growth.

So after the scanning, doctor gave hubby and I some advices. We can choose to continue to wait for a normal delivery. But this might cause certain risks to the baby, as if baby continues to stop growing in me, he won't be able to take in any nutrients from me anymore. This is definitely not good for his health.

Secondly, is to induce labour. She recommends induction to me because the risks of waiting for labour to start on its own are higher than the risks of the procedures used to get my labour going. Moreover, the level of placenta water in me has lowered again this week. To continue to wait for a normal labour, the risks for baby and I will be higher.

Thirdly, of course, is the Caesarean section which I do not really prefer it. But if last minute, inducing labour does not work out, a c-sec needs to be performed.

Gynae gave us a few days to think about it, and deciding on which way to use. I will need to go back for another check-up on next Tuesday. If we choose to wait for a normal delivery, then she will guide us again on the things that I need to do. But of course, if we choose to wait, then we have to bear the certain risks that our baby might be facing during the waiting period.

Haih... I am really in a dilemma now. To Wait; to Induce or to C-Sec??

Baby ar baby, can you teach your mummy what to do so that I can provide to you the best for your health? All I wish now, is a Healthy You!!

On the happy part... Today, our baby smiles to us during the ultrasound. From the 3D scan, it looked so clear. Hehe... this is our first time to see him from the screen with such a clear look. Hubby and I were so excited and even smiled to ourselves when we see him on the screen. Hehe :) I think the next round we are seeing him, it should be outside of the uterus instead of viewing from a ultrasound scanner ^_^

6 comments:

LOLIpOp~~ said...

Shinyee, dont wait la, 0 risk for baby!!!

pls post your son's 3D leh... :)

~ ShinY's Life ~ said...

Wendy, ya, most probably won't be waiting... Tuesday see doctoer then decide again.

My house don have a scanner ler.. So cannot scan the 3D picture now.. I will try to scan if I am back to office. Hehe :)

m@rimo***+++@my+++*** said...

shinyee,
my advise to u,dunn wait liao also!
is good for BB and u!
healthy BB is what u wish right :)

m@rimo***+++@my+++*** said...

shinyee,
my advise to u,dunn wait liao also!
is good for BB and u!
healthy BB is what u wish right :)

Shindy said...

Yee, go for induce. A friend of mine also experienced the same thing, bb stopped going at week 35, and decided to induce her. The induce went smoothly and she delivered a healthy baby. Dont wait already, just pack your things :)

Fishy Ash said...

My dear, go for inducement lah... for baby's health.
Jia you oh! :D