Saturday, September 26, 2009

~ Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur ~

Date: 9th September 2009

After my 4 days 3 nights of stay at Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur, we finally left the hospital in the afternoon around 3pm and headed back to Taiping for my confinement. I was supposed to stay there for 3 days, but baby Kimi developed jaundice and needed to be send for the light therapy and to be monitored by the pediatrician. So my stayed extended for another day. During the discharged, baby Kimi’s jaundice level did not really drop a lot, but we decided to bring him back to one of the hospitals in Taiping for monitoring.

~ The Room which I stayed in ~

~ Morning Sun view from my Room ~

I stayed in a single bed room. When the nurses pushed me in the room from the labour room, I was a bit surprised that the room looked so different from the mock-up room which we visited earlier during one of the antenatal classes. I felt much relieved at least the room looked comfortable to me. The room comes with a small fridge, an attached bathroom, 2 sofas and I can even view ‘The Gardens’ beautiful structure and lightings through the windows at night. In the morning, the morning sun was beautiful as well.

The hospital provides different types of menus for the meals. I can choose the food I would like to have from the menu the day before. However, I had home-cooked food for lunches and dinners, so most of the hospital food was left unattended unless hubby wished to try some of it. But I had the breakfast served from the hospital as I told hubby no need to bring me food so early in the morning.

~ One of the breakfast served ~

My 4 days stay at the Pantai Hospital was never bored. I was accompanied by my baby Kimi, the nurses, the staffs and the midwives there. As Pantai Hospital practices room-in method for baby and the mum, so I am with my Kimi all the time, except for bathing time or when I find that I need some rest and need to send him to the nursery. During the night time, the nurses will bring Kimi to the nursery so that I can have enough of rest until the next feeding time, then they will bring Kimi to me. Alternatively Kimi can be with me whole night long if I wish too….

The midwives there are really friendly. Apart from looking after baby Kimi and I after delivery, they even have classes to teach the new parents on some basic parenting skills like how to bath the baby, how to cup-feed the baby and how to breastfeed the baby as well. So my third day stay in the hospital was not so bored even though baby Kimi was sent for the light therapy for 24 hours except for feeding time. We actually learnt all these during the antenatal classes, but the hospital hopes that the parents can learn better with the actual baby demonstration.

~ Bathing Class demonstration by the midwife ~

I was visited by the lactation assistant and breastfeeding assistant most of the time throughout my stay there. They taught me how to breastfeed the correct way and to monitor me if I have breastfeed properly or not, and also to advice me on what can eat and what not to eat. They even provide some materials for reading and future reference.

~ Little Gifts from Pantai Hospital ~

In the future, if I wish to have a second baby, perhaps I will consider going back to Pantai Hospital again… Friendly staffs with comfortable environment :) Thumbs up!

~ Some of the presents and 'Ang Pows' I received during my stay at the hospital ~

Thanks to friends and relatives for the presents and 'Ang Pows'!! Thanks for all the SMSes, messages in Facebook, calls all the way from Johor, Penang, Singapore and Australia to congratulate me ~~ Thanks a lot!! Baby Kimi is growing well day by day from all your well-wishes ~~

No comments: