Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My 24 hours Penang Trip

19th January: I flew to Penang, to attend a very good friend of mine wedding's dinner. I was informed by him half a year ago. Although the dinner was on a weekday, I told him, I will definitely be there no matter what!!

This is indeed a super busy week for me. Besides my work is busy to rush for this weekend's Education Fair, I also need to visit my grandma in hospital. Luckily, grandma's condition is better now. She is recovering well ~~ So, as promised, I attended his wedding dinner at Penang, together with a few of our close friends...

Freddy, welcome to the Marriage Life!! Wish both of your happily ever after ~~


I have only 24 hours in Penang, including my sleeping time... Hehe, so I must defnitely make full use of it !! After the wedding dinner, we headed for a drink at the 'Sunset Bistro' at Batu Ferringhi. It is located behind the Ferringhi Garden and next to the Parkroyal Hotel. If you are driving, just turn right after Pakroyal Hotel into a small road. Turn left at the T-junction at the end of the road. There are a couple of car park attendants' waiting there to assist you on where you can park your car.

Last night when we went, it was a very windy night and a good place for you to sit by the beach leisurely and chatted with good buddies ~~ This place makes me feel like I am back to the Jimbaran Beach at Bali... I heard from my friends, it is super pack when you go during weekend !!


This morning, thanks to my best friend in Penang, Phui San, took one day leave to accompany me and to bring me around in Penang. Of course, my 'must' eat food in Penang, besides the porridge stall next to the Sunway Hotel, it will definitely be the 'Hokkien Mee'. She knows about it, so early in the morning, she fetched me to this stall and tried out the Hokkien Mee there. Although it was a weekday, we still waited for quite long for that bowl of mee. Anyway, it is really a worthwhile wait!! The soup really tastes delicious ~~ Hehe... My friend told me, she waited for 45 minutes before!! While waiting, I ordered the 'Char Mee Suah', another food that I like to eat in Penang and hardly can find in KL ^_^

~ SUPER HOKKIEN MEE is located at 12, One Corner Cafe, along Jalan Bawasah (at the back of Burmah Road Giant Supermarket ~

During lunch hour, another friend of mine brought us to taste one of the nicest 'Pan Mee' in Penang. It is located near Bukit Jambul area and is opposite the Vistana Hotel. The shop is surrounded by a few blocks of flats and is known as 'Hou Mei Yuan Pan Mee'. When we reached, I could see lots of people eating there although you need to sit under the sun. Well, there are some trees which can provide enough of shades :) While waiting for the pan mee, we ordered the 'Penang Rojak' as while.


Thanks to my friends who really helped me to utilize the 24 hours of my lovely Penang trip !! I really miss Penang a lot, a lot ~~ See you all next time again ^_^

No comments: