Friday, November 14, 2008

Steamboat Dinner at Home

After back from Genting, after settled everything, hubby went to buy groceries with me, said wanna eat dinner at home, asked me cook some food for dinner... Then only I realized, our house's gas stove spoilt, the electrical cooker that I have also button's spoilt, so cannot cook anything also.. Then suddenly hubby told me, why not we eat steamboat?? Ya hor... house still got one rice cooker which is still working. Hahaha, can use that one for our steamboat dinner. So we walked into Jusco, bought all those food that we wanna eat for steamboat, eg. marinated chicken, 'tau fu pok', white taufu, sausages, enoki mushrooms, etc ...


Actually eating steamboat at home is not a difficult job, all are raw food, just need to clean and cut. Then put properly on plates... As I don't want too troublesome, so I boiled vegetables soup as steamboat base. I put in tomatoes and vegetables only + ikan bilis so that it tastes nicer. After the soup is boiled, I added in some pepper and sesame oil...

Hurray, soup is ready and dinner is served... We had a wonderful time eating it together as I can see hubby enjoys it very much. Haha, because I think we had bought too much food, and only 2 of us are eating, so we have 2 rounds of it. Hubby rest a while, played some video games and then continued eat again. Luckily I didn't cook rice, purely eat those vege and food and one set of mee. Hehehe... I really like eating at home with hubby, as he can spend more time chatting with me :)

No comments: