Thursday, June 18, 2009

26th Weeks of Pregnancy

Today marks my 26th weeks of pregnancy... Before I left the office today, I received an email from The Baby-Gaga Team which I subscribed before this so that I can learn a bit more about my fetal development besides the explanations from my gynae during my every monthly check-up...

The article is written like this....
Fetal development in pregnancy week 26:
At long last, your little swimmer can see the womb! Your miracle’s little eyelids have finally separated (they were fused closed previously) and they’re probably having their first moments of sight as you read this (or maybe it already happened while you were brushing your teeth or watching Oprah or something). In addition to seeing their little studio in your belly, they’ve recently acquired the ability to say “yes” and “no” in rudimentary sign language as they can now move their head back and forth. This is also the time where your little super star’s head hair is starting to grow! A cute little cowlick or two may be springing into position right now, getting ready for years of cute-but-stubborn bed-head. Also, their toenails have grown in and you little raisin continues to slowly pile up fat beneath their still-loose skin. Most importantly, brain tissue and neurons are all developing at a rapid pace, increasing their (genius-level?) brain activity and will continue to function at accelerated levels for the first seven to eight years of childhood!

More article can be read at: http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/calendar/week26

Today, hubby also starts to read the story book that we bought before this, Jack and the Beanstalk, to our baby. I think at this stage, baby is able to hear and react to sounds from the outside world. When hubby is reading the story, I think our baby's little ears are picking up the sounds of hubby's voice. I just feel tonight our baby's kicking was a bit harder than previous nights, perhaps I was over-sensitive, but I saw the skin on my tummy popped-up a little bit when he kicked. Isn't it amazing?

Well baby, tomorrow your daddy will continue to read the story for you.... ^_^ Hope you enjoy listening ya ~~

No comments: