Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I met Tun M in person!

Besides my normal jobscopes which are doing marketing and finding sales for the company, part of my jobs are also running around and covering events for my clients at the educational institutions. This is actually quite fun as I can see and meet different types of people and experience different things. Despite carrying a tummy at my 24th weeks of pregnancy, I chose to go and cover this event at Limkokwing University to see someone whom I always wanted to see him in person. Yesterday, I drove to Limkokwing University for the event of ‘Conferment of Honorary Doctorate of Humanity’ upon YABhg Tun Dr Mahathir bin Mohamad – In tribute to his landmark contributions to Malaysia and the Developing World.

I reached there about 9am, but Tun M arrived with his wife at around 10am. It was a very crowded event, with lots of people, public, invited guests, students and medias. We followed him walked around the campus and visited a few galleries. It was quite tiring for me, as I need to climb up and down the staircases following the campus tour. But to me, it really worth it as I can see Tun M and his wife in such a near distance, and shot photographs of them. This is really a very memorable day for me as I always wish can get to see both of them in person, and finally, my wish came true yesterday…. Although I saw them once before at outside Ikea, but did not have a chance to take photographs with them at that time ~~


I managed to get this group photograph shot when all the medias were busy with Tun M walking at the front and Tun Siti Hasmah was walking behind looking at some of the products showcased ~
Tun M with his speech ~
Performance by Limkokwing University's students with 140 students from different countries ~
A special day to be remembered ~~

No comments: