Saturday, April 11, 2009

16th Weeks of Pregnancy

Date: 9th April 2009

This morning I woke up, headaches still didn't get any better... So hubby decided to bring me to the gynae to have a check-up since we also supposed to go there for my monthly check-up on this Saturday.

As usual, the check-up will start with an urine test. The nurse found out that the sugar level level in my body seems like quite high. So need to go for another blood test. Then she asked me what I had eaten in the morning as breakfast. She advised me next time if coming for check-up try to eat some light food is better. She asked me not to worry too much, the sugar level is high on this day perhaps due to the food I had eaten in the morning. So I went into the gynae's room for check-up. She asked me to control my food a bit, not to eat too sweet things. Then, the next month come again, she will do a simple test for me. If the sugar level is still on the high side, then I need to run another thorough test again to see if I need to be on medication or not.

Then I had my ultrasound scanning. This round besides the usual scanning I did before this, the gynae gave my baby a 3D scan. With this, hubby and I can quite clearly see the baby's little hands and legs and head and body... So amazing ler ~~ Really happy to see the baby is growing, so does hubby. But the sex of the baby is still unknown yet, gynae said is still early, ask us don too 'kan chiong'. Hehehe :)

From this picture, the baby seems like hiding the face with the 2 little hands ~~ Hehe, perhaps our baby is still not yet ready to see us yet... ^_^After that, the gynae took my blood for another test again. The blood test this round is to check whether the baby has any down syndrome symptoms or not. Gynae said I am now on my 16th weeks of pregnancy, it is time to do this test for now. The report we can only know when I go for the next monthly check-up. But I am seriously pray for the baby to be growing healthily in me ~~ Hope everything will be fine.

My little one at the week 16: Over the past three weeks your astounding growing baby has managed to stretch yet another 2 full inches (totaling about 4.5 inches) and weighs around 3.5 ounces.
More article about Fetal development in pregnancy week 16 can be read at: http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/calendar/week16

No comments: