Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bak Kut Teh at Home

Today is Sunday, nowadays I tend to cook myself on a Sunday so that I can eat some home-cooked food at home. Try to cook my own food so that my baby can also grow healthily in me by eating lesser at outside... Most of my friends have their mums to cook for them at home during their pregnancy, which makes me very envy of them because they can eat mum's home-cooked food. But is ok la, although my cooking is not as good as my mum, at least it is healthier than eating everyday at outside, taking more msg indirectly.

Today I went to my Sunday marketing, buying some pork and vegetables. I decided to cook 'bak kut teh' for dinner, so I bought all the ingredients needed at market. Actually I also do not know can a pregnant lady eat 'bak kut teh' or not, I just cook whatever I feel I want to eat and convenient for me. Hehehe....

After settling all the pork, washing the vegetables and marinated some meat for tomorrow's dinner, I also cleaned up my toilet. There goes my Sunday morning. Then hubby fetched me to tapao our lunch, mee rojak ~~ Yummy!

Then is my afternoon nap time before I started to prepare for dinner of the night ~~ I put the 'bak kut teh' to boil for about 2 hours with some mushrooms and garlics. Then fried the vegetables, prepared the rest of the side dishes needed such as tau hu pok and of course the 'you char keow'. Below is our dinner for tonight. My brother praised me for the food and said it was delicious. Hehehe, giving me a sense of satisfaction ~~


No comments: