Thursday, May 7, 2009

20th Weeks of Pregnancy

Middle of last night, suddenly woke up because of leg cramps... This is my first experience, so I did not know what can be done. So I woke up hubby, told him that my leg very pain because of the cramps, got him to do some light massage for me. Once the cramps stopped, I slowly falled back into sleep, but the leg still seemed like couldn't be lay straight.

This morning woke up, I thought I can go to work, but the muscle still a bit pain, made me couldn't really walked normally. So I think better don't go to office and climb the staircase, so I applied MC from boss to rest at home.

Hubby also took leave to accompany me. He suggested since I am supposed to go for my monthly check-up this Saturday, but I am going back Johor for the weekend and is a public holiday, clinic will be closed, so might as well we go today for the monthly check-up and can also consult gynae on the leg cramps.

When we were at the clinic, after the urine test and another blood test, my sugar level has gone down, not as serious as last month, but then still a bit on the high side although the blood reading was ok (did not exceed the dangerous zone). But gynae suggested to me, to be safe, better take a thorough test so that can have more accurate results to know whether do I need to be under medication or not. So I fix the date to be on next Saturday, as the test needs me to be at the clinic for the whole morning (the process might takes a few hours) and I need to fast from 12 midnite the day before.

I informed gynae about my leg cramps. She said it should be the time for me to start taking the calcium pills. She told me to eat one per day. If the leg cramps seems serious to me, I need to take the calcium pills twice a day.

She also told me, I am now in my week 20th of pregnancy. How time flies! Hehehe... So I went for the ultrasound scan again, normal procedures for everytime check-up. Everything is normal for the baby, heart-beat, etc. But perhaps this round, gynae didn't show us the 3D scan, so we couldn't really see the face clearly. Gynae said my baby is growing healthily in me after she scanned all the parts and read through the results for me. She showed me everything through the scan, and informed hubby and I that the baby's sex can be known already. Asked us do we wish to know or not? Hahaha... Of course la!

**************************DANG*DANG*DANG*****************************

So the gynae pointed at the baby and told us the baby is a BOY! We seen it. I think with four pairs of eyes in the room, this news should be confirmed kua... Hehehe... Even the nurse also said so. After hearing the news, hubby and I were very excited as we can start planning on what to buy for our baby already. Before this, we didn't really shopping much for our baby coz it seems like still too early. Now since we know is a baby boy, we can start to find the colour theme already ~~

Again, I wish my baby can continue to grow healthily in me! Daddy and Mummy always prays for you, hope that you can always be healthy... We shall see you again in another month. Really can't wait for the day to come...

5 comments:

m@rimo***+++@my+++*** said...

Baby Boy, congrats! start enjoy shooping Ya!!!

~ ShinY's Life ~ said...

Thanks ya, Amy!

LOLIpOp~~ said...

Gong Xi Gong Xi!! Can start to think about boy's name and buy BLUE things :D

Christine said...

Hello there. I am one of your reader and Congratulations on your baby boy :) Well, I would like to share with you some info on pregnancy food that you should avoid after I saw your blog entries craving for fish. Read here : http://www.epa.gov/waterscience/fish/advice/
Cheers and have a happy pregnancy!

~ ShinY's Life ~ said...

Hey Christine, thanks so much for your advice... Really appreciate it ~~ I will read through the articles. I myself is from a fishing village worr, since young I am trained to eat fish. Perhaps now maybe eat lesser... :) Tq for your sharing!!