Saturday, May 16, 2009

21st Weeks of Pregnancy

Last Thursday, when I woke up preparing myself to go to work that time, suddenly got the urge of wearing a set of maternity wear to work. Hehe.. Tummy is getting a bit bigger now, so my normal working wear is also getting tighter now... So I picked up one of the sets which I got to see if I look ok on it. The shirt was actually I bought some time ago, even before I am pregnant, but never think of wearing it, so now the chance is here, since I am fatter now, so I think the shirt should be look ok on me.

My look at my 21st weeks of pregnancy ~~
This morning, I went to the gynae, as arranged earlier, to have a thorough blood test for the sugar level in my body. The whole process took about 3+ hours, and I need to fast the night before. I went with an empty stomach, took the urine and blood test for the first time. Everything was normal. Then I was asked by the nurse to drink a glass of glucose water (very super-duper sweet one), and come back after one hour for another test. Then 2nd test repeated (this round my sugar level in me was very high), and rest for one hour, then finally the 3rd test... After all the tests are done, gynae informed me about my test results, and guided me on what I should do... Luckily, I am tested normal, sugar level not really very high (didn't over the limit), so no need to be under any medications, just that I need to be careful on the food and drinks consumption in the future. Try not to drink too sweet things and perhaps try to cut down some rice... Ok, will listen to gynae's advice ~~

After the test, hubby brought me to Babyland at SS2. Before this, I heard from my fren that the things are cheaper if there are sales. So we decided to go there and have a look. Hubby and I actually went to a few shops to survey for a swaddle blanket price before this, but all are quite expensive. As I do not really think that a swaddle blanket needs to be so expensive, so I hope can get a good deal at the shop. We were so lucky that the swaddle blanket selling at Babyland now is having sales at 30% discount. So we bought one, finally... Hope it is useful for our baby.

Before discount price at RM39.90 ~ After discount price at RM27.95. I think so far this should be the cheapest swaddle blanket that I can find...
I started taking calcium pills at my 20th weeks of pregnancy. Gynae suggested to me to take this brand since I had my leg cramps the other day. Besides, a few of my frens and my sister advised me that I should also be taking some fish oil pills. After discussed with hubby, we decided to buy one and eat since they said is good for the baby.
Today, my sister also went to Jusco to help both of us buy the Avent products. She has the 30% discount voucher from Jusco because of the anniversary celebrations at Jusco. She told me is very good deal, so she helped herself and I to buy some things there too... Now the things are with her at Johor, will upload them when I get it at the end of the month.

Baby... today daddy and mummy bought you some new things lor ~~ Hope it will be useful to you ya!

4 comments:

Bless said...

Gd to hear tat ur test is normal :) The swaddle blanket same as me one ...hehe...:) Can see ur tummy oledi leh..gd gd...BB growing :p tk k ya.

~ ShinY's Life ~ said...

Thanks, Claudia!

The price is it the same? So lucky there got 30% discount. I saw a lot of shops, all are very expensive type.

You also take care ya ~~ Wish you a safe delivery!

Bless said...

Ya is same price..oni diff color oni..ha ha..:P

lynette said...

hey, I started taking Neurogain since i was pregnant.. and now nursing.. still taking. It is specially made for pregnant woman n nursing mom. It is different from the commercial fish oil in the market where Neurogain is high in DHA and low in EPA. whereas other fish oils are high in DHA and also EPA. We pregnant n nursing mom dun need EPA. do check it out ya..