Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fish Porridge at Taiping

Ever since pregnant, I think the only food that I keep on thinking wants to eat, should be the fish porridge. Since young, I always get to eat very fresh fish porridge at home, which makes me doesn't feel like trying any of the fish porridge selling in KL or searching around to find a nice one.

When I was at Taiping over the weekend with hubby, I suddenly recalled that my dad told me before, he went to a shop and tried out their seafood porridge which was quite nice when he came to Taiping to attend my wedding on last December. As I explain the shop to hubby, he seems like does not really know which shop is that, all he knows is the place should be in Matang. So I asked MIL about it. She knows which shop is that, and even told me that last time our ex-PM and his wife been there to eat before as well.

So before driving back to KL on Monday, hubby brought me there to eat the fish porridge which I have been longing for ~~ The shop has a lot of fresh seafood to choose from, to see which one you wish to add in your porridge or mee.

This shop's boss also sells a lot of antique stuffs. A lot of older things can be seen there... old clocks, old notes, old iron, etc...

Seafood Mee (with baby shark meat in it) & Fried Fish ~~

Seafood Porridge - the super delicious and yummy porridge. We also added in some prawns, and the fish meat is really very fresh... No wonder even my dad also said nice coz he hardly eats seafood at outside since we are from a fishing village.

Finally, I got to eat the fish porridge which I have been craving for... I really had a very satisfying lunch ~~ Hope can come back here more often. Haha!

No comments: