Sunday, May 10, 2009

My trip back Pontian

Last Friday nite, after work, I followed my cousin's car back to Pontian for my grandma's 80th birthday celebrations on Saturday. It was a nice gathering as usual, with all my relatives get-together and cracking jokes.. Ah ma is 80 years old this year, and Sunday is Mother's Day, so we have 2 celebrations at the same time.

On Saturday morning, as quite a number of our relatives are gathered at my house for the night's dinner, so mum prepared her signature's dish ~ Popiah ~ to serve them. Mum likes to do this when there is a big gathering so that easier to eat although the cutting vegetables preparations might take time. I actually hardly eat popiah at outside coz we are all so used to my mum's popiah, so do our cousins... One of my cousins can eat about 10+ pieces at one time!


This morning, before I am back to KL, I managed to shot some photos behind my house. The trees behind my house are now 'botak' already because of the strong waves from time to time... We used to be cannot see the island at the opposite when I was small, but now the island can be seen from my house...

No comments: