Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Preparing for the New Baby: Checklist 1

Today I was browsing through some websites, wanna find some checklists so that I know what need to get/buy while waiting for our baby to arrive in September... Then I saw one which I found it quite ok, so thought of posting it up for my future reference.

This checklist is for the feeding purposes. I will update more again once I compile the checklist for some other purposes... ^_^

Bottle Feeding
□ Steriliser
□ Feeding Bottles & Teats: 4-6 bottles (4 and 8 ounce size)
□ Bottle Brush
□ Pacifier & Pacifier Attacher
□ Pacifier Holder
□ Bottles Drying Racks
□ Formula Milk Dispenser

Breast Feeding
□ Breast Pump
□ Breast Milk Storage Container
□ Bottle & Food Warmer
□ Breast Pad
□ Nursing Pillow
□ Nipple Cream
□ Nipple Protector
□ 2 nursing bras

Basic bottles

These come in two sizes:
i) the smaller 120mls/4oz bottles are more suitable for newborns who can only take a little milk at a time

ii) the larger 225mls/8oz bottles are better for older babies who can easily down a large feed.

Each bottle generally comes with a teat and a lid.

Mmmm... anything else that I left out?? Hehehe...

3 comments:

m@rimo***+++@my+++*** said...

I think you still need a bottle cleanser..hehe!
And if you are going to breast feed, try hard, donn't give up and i wish u can do it!

~ ShinY's Life ~ said...

Amy, do you mean the Sterilizer ar?
By the way, do you think I should start to apply some nipple cream first ar? Hehehe.. just in case I am going to breastfeed ~~

Shindy said...

Yes, you need to put the nipple cream.