Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Kimi's Full Moon Celebrations

Dearest Kimi,

6th October - Today you are exactly one month old. How time flies… One month ago, I was still at hospital struggling to deliver you. This one month passed really fast. I really enjoyed the bonding time spent with you. Although breastfeeding you is real tiring, as you drink when you feel like drinking, no specific timing, so day and night, I need to wake up, sit up and down, just to feed you, even though sometimes I am having a rest or a short nap… But is ok Kimi, mummy knows, all these hard work are worth it. Mummy wants a healthy you!!

Mummy likes the time when I sing nursery rhymes to you to make you sleep. So far, I only managed to sing 2 rhymes for you. One is ‘Humpty Dumpty’ and the other one ‘My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean’. You seem so enjoying when mummy sings the songs to you and not long after that, you fall asleep already. Hehe... my small, little achievement so far. I promise, I will try to recall more nursery rhymes so that you can have more varieties in the future. Hehe… :)

We chose to celebrate your full moon on last Saturday as your daddy needed to work on your actual full moon day (which falls on a Tuesday). Last Saturday was the Mid-Autumn Festival as well. It was a good date. So we decided to choose this day for you. We had a small but warm celebration for you. You had your hair cutting ceremony, your bathing ceremony and also prayers at home. Confinement auntie cooked some food for us and some relatives which turned up on your full moon celebrations. It was already late afternoon when everything settled down. Mummy and daddy brought you to some shopping complexes to walk around (one of the traditions to do during the full moon celebrations) while your grandparents were busy giving out the ‘ang ku kuehs’ and ‘nasi kunyit’ to some relatives and friends. After we settled down you at home, we went to one nearby temple for prayers, to thank the God, for my smooth delivery…

~ The Full Moon Set ~

~ Nasi Kunyit, Curry Chicken and 'Ang Ku Kuehs' ~

~ Hair Cutting Ceremony ~

~ Water for Bathing ~

~ Our Happy Family - Daddy, Mummy and Baby Kimi ~

~ Baby Kimi with his new clothes from his maternal grandmother ~

I have one more month to go to be with you every day before I start to go back to work. I cherish every single day from now… Kimi, We Love You!!

Love from, your mummy ~~

No comments: