Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Those younger days...

During my birthday, I received a SMS from one of my cousins who is currently now working at UK. Thank you for his birthday wishes from so far away! In his SMS, he wrote, 'Happy Birthday, hope you have a good one'. I replied to him and said, I missed those birthday celebrations, when I had Barbie dolls as birthday presents...

At that time I was at my confinement period, couldn't eat a lot of things. So I chose not to celebrate the day since hubby also not with me. So MIL cooked for me 'Mee Suah with Eggs' for breakfast to mark my birthday on that morning. Suddenly, I really missed those days, when I had my birthday celebrations with my dearest cousins... It was so crowded, although all of us were still very young, the celebrations still clearly remembered by me. It was such an enjoyable one!

~ One of the Group Photo with my dearest cousins during my birthday celebrations ~

As we grow older, the numbers of people who celebrate birthday with us, seem getting lesser and lesser, unless you wish to call a party and invite a lot of your friends to come over and celebrate with you. Or you are at your grandparents status, then you will also have very crowded birthday celebrations with all your children and grandchildren to celebrate with you. Or you happen to be with your family members on your birthday.

In the future, I have baby Kimi and hubby to celebrate my birthday for me. It will be very unique as it no longer a 2 persons celebrations. With baby Kimi around, I am sure it will be much more merrier. But I really wish one day, I can have a birthday party, celebrate together with my parents, cousins, uncles and aunties again!

Can time turn back a little bit for me? I really miss those younger days a lot ~~

2 comments:

Li Wen said...

i have not been home for seven years and it was last year that i finally got to celebrate my birthday with my family again after seven years. i remember mummy saying how she missed my birthday all these years.

it turned out that that was the very last time mummy gave me a birthday present.

i think it is very important to treasure every moment as though they are the last simply because our very life itself is unpredictable.

i miss her so much...

eng hwa

~ ShinY's Life ~ said...

Hwa, thanks for dropping by my blog ~~ Ya, remember to treasure the days when you have everything in life... I agree with you, life is very unpredictable.

You guess what? During my pregnant time, I used to mention to Keanlee, your parents should be one of the first group of people who will be visiting us during my confinement time at Taiping. Never did I expect that such a thing happened... We do also miss your mum a lot too ~~