Saturday, March 20, 2010

Planning For The Next Holidays: Tibet or Japan?

Last year, after hubby watched the movie ‘2012’ with me, after we came out from the cinema, he casually told me, ‘Dear, one day I will bring you to Tibet to have a look, while we still have the energy to walk and travel by ourselves’. Hehe, although I do not really know how Tibet looks like, all I can do is to imagine from the movie scenes how beautiful Tibet is. Deep inside my heart is happy, coz hubby is planning and has the intentions to bring me for a holiday in the near future.

After some research for some time, one day I suggested to hubby, I would prefer to go to Japan instead of Tibet. He gave it a thought and told me, ‘Ya, Japan is not bad too, perhaps we can consider also’. Japan is one of the countries that hubby promised to bring me for holidays one day when he can afford... And I know he always remember this in his heart. So in our planning, we have both Tibet and Tokyo in mind. Finally, after some reading and researching, we finally decided to choose Japan. Hehe :) When hubby decided on this, I was super happy coz he is fulfilling his promise to bring me to Japan for holidays.

After decided on the country to go, hubby counted his budget and told me that we can stay in Japan for 5 nights. So he chose to travel only in Tokyo. Although it will be a short trip, the effort of him wanting to bring me for holidays has made it sweet enough for me, I still feel super happy on this and very looking forward too. He told me he preferred to go on free and easy. I am fine with this idea. So, the next thing we need to do is to purchase the air tickets. We only have MAS and SIA in mind. So after we compare the prices, although SIA is cheaper, we ended up bought from MAS because we do not want to waste time on transiting flights.


9th February 2010: We finally bought the air tickets during the MAS online promotions for CNY!! That night after we confirmed the tickets, I think I couldn’t fall asleep for the whole night. Although we plan to go in October and it is still a long way more, I am very excited and thrilled over this holiday with hubby. It seems like a long time that both of us didn't really spend time for holidays. Now my whole brain is only thinking of how good it is if October can reach faster!

Expenses 1:
MAS Air Tickets for 2 Persons include of Travelling Insurance = RM 4,100.00
* We called up MAS office to book the air tickets as we failed to book it online. This price is RM120 higher than online booking as MAS charged an administrative fee of RM60 per person. As hubby finds the RM120 admin fee is quite acceptable, instead of wasting time to keep on try to book online but failed, so we bought the air tickets through telephone booking. An email confirmation was sent to us after the payment.

Step One DONE! The next will be the planning of itinery and searching for hotels in Tokyo ~

No comments: