Thursday, April 7, 2011

My CookBook, Sunway Giza

I have read article on My CookBook recently commenting on their good food served. So today my friends and I decided to give it a try after my recommendations.

~ The restaurant’s decors ~

page1

The menu does not have a lot of choices… As one of my friends didn’t make it to come, only two of us, so we didn’t order their appetizers, worried we couldn’t finish them up. So we ordered one main course each for ourselves and a drink ~

~ Our drinks ~
Sour Plum @ RM5.90 and Cucumber + Plum @ RM6.90
Not bad the taste, quite refreshing!

page2

~ Our Main Dish ~
Barley Pandan Rice with Chicken Curry @ RM15.90

page3

~ Our Main Dish ~
King Prawn Noodles in Prawn Bisque served
with 45-minute Poached Egg
@ RM26.90
(Highly recommended by the waitress)

king prawn

Both main dishes tasted OK… Nothing big to ‘Ummppph’ about. The curry chicken’s gravy is a bit too thick. The King Prawn Noodles to me tasted more like the Malay style ‘Mee Udang’ which we can find at the Northern part of Malaysia. But overall, the soup is delicious.

But I personally feel that the portion is not big. Haha… maybe I am a big eater or perhaps I was too hungry at that time. But then again, for the price that we have paid, I am not too sure, is it for the quality of the food or the restaurant’s ambience? Both also nothing much to shout about. My friend and I share the same thinking that the food there are a bit over-priced.

If I ever walk into this restaurant again, perhaps I should try the food that is not highly recommended by the waiters there… Perhaps the normal food there taste even nicer than the ones which are recommended. We paid RM61.15 for this meal which include 10% of service charge. But I think I got a bit out of service here so the 10% charge does not seem reasonable to me during this visit ~

Anyway, still not too sure, will I walk into this restaurant again??

Restaurant: My CookBook
Address: A-12, Sunway Giza, Kota Damansara
Tel: 03-6140 6113

No comments: