Tuesday, March 3, 2009

German Measles ~

Yesterday during lunch hour, I received a call from hubby, told me that he seemes like having some German measles systoms. A couple of his colleagues got it. I was so shocked when I heard that. So immediately I asked him to go and consult doctor. First doctor told him, it was only some heat rashes.. So he took MC and headed back home to rest.

After woke up from his sleep, the rashes did not get any better, so I called him to go and see another doctor. The doctor said seemed to be like German measles, but he has no fever, the rashes should be getting better by Thursday if not serious... So immediately hubby called me and informed me about his condition, and asked me to stay away from him if possible...

So while he is still outside, I went back home after work to pack some clothes and move to my uncle's house to stay for a few days. Suddenly feel so loss, donno what to do also.. Hubby is sick and I cannot take care of him... make me feel like very down and sad ~~ But I MUST stay healthy, so for the sake of myself, no choice lor... Hubby feels that I need to stay away from him for a few days so that I won't be infected.

So today, hubby drove back to Taiping... I told him to do so. At least in Taiping, mum-in-law can take care of him, can eat correct food, at least I feel better that he is well taken care of. No need to worry about him. Really hope hubby can recover very soon and I can get to see him ~~

Got to know some information about German measles from internet:
"German measles is a mild infectious illness caused by the rubella virus, which is why it is sometimes called rubella. There is no connection between German measles and measles, which is caused by a different virus."

Symptoms of German measles can include any of the following:
Slight fever sometimes accompanied by a runny nose.
Swollen glands behind the ears and around the neck.
Loss of appetite.
Sore throat.
Rash that starts on the face and then spreads to the body. This rash usually lasts for about 3 days.

More information about German measles can be read at:
http://www.homehealth-uk.com/medical/germanmeasles.htm

No comments: