Sunday, July 12, 2009

Preparing for the New Baby: Checklist 2

This checklist I compiled for baby's health care purposes and to use during bathing time. However, some of them might not be in used all the time or perhaps might not be in used at all. But I have added them in for my future reference.

Health Care & Hygiene
□ Grooming Set (Comb, Nail Clipper, Scissors)
□ Medicine Set (Medicine Dropper, Medicine Syringe)
□ Nasal Aspirator
□ Oral Care Kit
□ Thermometer
□ Cotton Buds

Bathing & Grooming
□ Bath Tub
□ Bath Seat for Mummy
□ Water Temperature Indicator
□ Wash Cloths
□ Bath Towels
□ Bath Toys
□ Baby Comb and Brush
□ Baby Body Shampoo
□ Baby Wipes / Wet Tissue (alcohol free)

I did not buy all the things as listed, just prepared some of the things which I think might be useful for our baby ^_^

2 comments:

Mabel said...

For the first month, there is no need for shampoo and soap - babies have very sensitive skin and can develop allergies just like that.

Also, do check your baby wipes for added perfume as it can trigger allergies as well.

From experience and advice, ditch the cotton buds and get cotton balls or cotton wool instead. It's better for cord cleaning and so forth.

~ ShinY's Life ~ said...

Hey, thanks for the advice!!

Ya, I have gotten some cotton wools.. Will roll them into cotton balls and use it on the baby.

As for baby wipes, I bought the one that demonstrated by the hospital, so I think should be ok :)